Kettering Allotments Association
Roles of the Field Steward
Ever wondered what the field steward is for?
This list was agreed by the committee in 2006 to clarify their role.
- To be the liaison between the committee and the
members of their field or part of field.
- Ensure the rules of the
association are complied with and report non-compliance to the committee.
- Collect rents and issue receipts if required to.
- Induct new members and ensure that they have a
copy of the association's rules.
- Help organise tidy up sessions in conjunction with
other plot holders.
- Help the award committee to judge 'best kept plot'
and 'new comer' cups.
- Decide when a plot is not being used as per rules, contact plot holder, inform secretary and
decide when it becomes vacant.
- Monitoring water on the field.
- Issuing and monitoring use of keys.